Monday, March 30, 2009

Cowling

Floral Detail on Bamboo Cowl

I'm participating in a Cowl Swap with the lovely nuttnbunny - we are subscribed to many of the same fiber clubs, and we continue to spin and then knit very similar things. We're Cowl Soul Sistahs! We had decided a while back to work out a cowl swap with our "Buckland" fiber from HelloYarn. I knit up this little guy! It's easy, stretchy, squishy bamboo stitch with some 1 x 1 rib on the top and bottom. I had some excess and whipped up a few little flowers with the more solid sections of the yarn, and threw on some crazy buttons. To make the cowl a bit more, um, versatile? I also put buttons on the BACKS of the flowers, so they're removable. This will be heading out in today's mail!

Myrtle

In my continuing quest to catch up with the fiber, I spun up my March Club from Spunky Eclectic immediately upon receiving it. This is some Dark BFL in the "Myrtle" colorway and it is wonderful. The colors are so subtle and simple and lovely.

Spring has been teasing us - not quite here, but thinking about it. I've been feeling the same way about my knitting mojo these days. I don't feel super-enthused about any of the projects that I currently have on the needles, I'm not feeling any particular urge to work on any other patterns, I'm just....well, making yarn. For now. And practicing my crochet! I've joined the pot-holder and hot pad swap, and I need to get to it!

1 comment:

  1. I looked through all your posts & I loved all the colourways of your completed handspuns Stacie - cant wait to see what you make during the TDF :) happy spinning!

    ReplyDelete