Monday, February 9, 2009

In Which I Complete A Knitted Object

Finished, and fast:
That's the ZeeBee hat, and man-oh-man is it a fast knit! This one here is made out of Hello Yarn Fat Sock in the Sand & Sea colorway. It took just a bit under one skein, and it is knit on US 5s. It's quite delightfully soft, and the garter stitch really makes the hand-dyed just POP! This little gem went to Young Sef, but I definitely see more iterations of this hat in my future.

Meanwhile.....I continue to work on lace. No progress pictures there because, well, it's lace, so until it's blocked it really just looks like a big lump of purple and green and white rice noodles. But! I'm past the halfway point in the charts, but as the size increases, I'd guess that I am actually only 1/3 of the way through the actual knitting. It's going smoothly, and I'm enjoying it - it's been a while since I've had any lace on the needles, and I'm finding it to be much more relaxing than I remembered it.

I'm also looking at piles of patterns for a cowl for nuttnbunny - she's my cowl soul sistah, and we're doing a Cowl Swap with our handspun "Buckland" - the November colorway for the HelloYarn fiber club. Oh goodness - I was going to post a picture here but I don't seem to have any of that yarn! I'll be sure and get one up. It's a lovely acid green and deep plum wine.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the hat. And the expression. See, now who's stalking who? hmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete