Friday, May 11, 2012

More Sewing!!!

For a brief moment in early April, it was spring skirt weather here in New England. This was, of course, very short lived, but it was long enough for me to eagerly tackle many of the fabric piles I had purchased with the specific intent of making skirts.

Things got a little bit crazy.

Skirt Madness II

First, this denim-type skirt.  The lovely Miss Walsh was over with a delightful jean skirt on, and I reverse-engineered this from my memory of what her skirt looked like.  I added pockets - REAL POCKETS, not those dinky fake pockets - and went crazy with the top-stitching.  It's a maroon duck-cloth and it's mighty comfortable.

So nice, in fact, that I made it twice:

I CAN'T STOP MAKING SKIRTS

This one is with a Cotton/Linen blend Echino print.  I'm really thrilled with how the piping on this one turned out!  And it was easy.

I changed things up a bit after that:

Skirt Madness III

This is just a simple reverse box-pleat skirt in a much lighter cotton.  No pockets.  Invisible zipper.  

YET ANOTHER SKIRT

And the last one (for now!) - this is another reverse-engineered number.  It's based on a skirt that I wore CONSTANTLY and is made from a linen/cotton blend.  Again with the top-stitching!  Apparently that's my "thing".  This one is a bit longer, has some more swing and drape.  No pockets.

Next up:  SHIRT MAYHEM

4 comments:

  1. Really nice! I love the piping too on the Echino one. Must be nice to have your spring wardrobe ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you've done a beautiful set of skirts! I like the designs and the colours you used, wonderful! It's a pity there are no patterns you can link to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are lovely skirts, although as a knitter and spinner, I am highly envious and secretly coveting your shoes. What are they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. these skirts are gorgeous...but i am in LOVE with your shoes. they are so cute

    ReplyDelete